Have you ever been tasked with hiring a new employee, but didn’t know where to start? Increasingly, tasks that were originally thought to fall under the responsibility of the human resources department have become a part of many managers job descriptions. Finding the right fit for your church or organization can be an overwhelming process, and making the wrong hiring decision can cost you both time and money!
The General Council on Finance and Administration’s team of Human Resources professionals is here to help. During this self-paced online course, we’ll walk you through the entire recruiting process from crafting job descriptions to extending offer letters. This training will provide you with employee selection best practices and useful resources to make sure your next hire is the right one for your church.
During this course, you’ll learn how to:
- Improve your overall employee selection approach
- Attract talent through innovative employee recruitment sources
- Learn how to effectively use telephone screening and other methods to filter out the wrong applicants
- Practice interviewing techniques to refine and develop your skills as an interviewer—including how to open and close the meeting
- Understand how to ask the right questions to find out the information you need to know
- Avoid interview “traps”—EEO and affirmative action
Who Should Attend?
Individuals with five years or less of experience in hiring, including newly hired HR professionals, HR practitioners who lack formal training, non-HR specialists who recruit, interview and/or hire as part of their jobs, and long-time HR practitioners who want to reinforce or update their skills.
This course will go live on September 7th, 2020 at 10:00am CDT. Click the "Register Now" button above to register, to sign up for this awesome opportunity.